HOW CAN I BE SEEN BY MY DERMATOLOGY PROVIDER AT DERMWELLESLEY:
If you have an appointment already scheduled, you should be receiving call in the week or so prior to your scheduled appointment to talk about whether you would like to:
- Reschedule for a later date
- Convert your visit to an at-home telehealth appointment
- Keep your appointment in the office (given schedule changes, we may need to adjust the time)
If you would like to proactively call our office to schedule or change your appointment type or date, we invite you to do so at 781-591-4234 or send us a message through Patient Gateway.
Below is a table to help you decide what appointment type might be best and our staff can also help you if you aren’t sure. If possible, telehealth is preferred to an in office visit to minimize the need to leave your home.
- Most Rashes
- Acne, Rosacea
- Psoriasis, Eczema, Hand eczema
- New spot of concern (possible)
- Medication refills
- Management of some chronic conditions
- Full body skin check
- Suspicious lesions for skin cancer or melanoma
- Skin cancer treatment
- Liquid nitrogen
- Injections, other procedures including Intralesional Kenalog
IF YOU NEED AN IN-OFFICE VISIT, HERE IS WHAT TO EXPECT:Medical care and delivery will look a little different going forward, and we would like to outline what our office is doing to keep you and our staff safe and what to expect for your in-person appointment. Please understand that some of our policies might look and feel a bit different as compared to the past, and we appreciate your support and understanding during this truly unprecedented time.
- All patients (and staff) will be pre-screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to your appointment and you will be asked to reschedule if you have ANY symptoms. We ask that you respect the health and wellness of our staff, families, and other patients and comply with the guidelines to cancel/reschedule your appointment if you have any concerns you might be sick.
- We have further increased our meticulous cleaning and sanitation protocols and each room and high touch areas will be thoroughly cleansed prior to your rooming. Your will temperature will be taken upon arrival.
- We ask that you come to your appointment alone unless you require assistance or are needed to accompany a minor. In either scenario, there will be a limit of one guest per patient.
- You will receive a call prior to your appointment to be screened for COVID-19 and will also be given specific check-in instructions at that time. Your medications/ allergies/ and reason for your visit will be obtained by phone BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT so as to minimize face to face contact in the office.
- To minimize contact, we are going to begin collecting all insurance information by phone and will email you all necessary paperwork prior to your appointment. We are also working on adding additional forms to our website. We ask that you please send us these forms back using our secure email (email@example.com) or upload the forms into a Patient Gateway message and send them to us. For telehealth, you may be asked to send photographs prior to your appointment as well.
- To facilitate contact free payments in the office, we have set up a safe and secure platform to store your credit card on file and will be transitioning towards a completely touch free payment platform in the coming weeks. Our credit card on file policy and consent form will be added to our website and included in your new patient paperwork as well. We ask that you make every effort to help us with this transition.
- Other pointers: Please try to minimize any personal belongings and leave what you can in your car. Please try to go to the bathroom before your appointment in the comfort of your own home. While we do have a patient bathroom, it will be ONLY FOR BATHROOM EMERGENCIES for the time being.
- We are trying to eliminate the need to have you sign anything in the office. But, just in case, we would love if you could bring your own pen!
THE DAY OF YOUR IN-OFFICE VISIT:
- For the time being, we are going to do all check-in by phone while you remain in the car and once you enter our office, you will be brought directly to your room to eliminate having any patients in the waiting room. Please arrive for your appointment on time and call our office at (781)-591-4234 when you have arrived for further instructions.
- While we LOVE spending time with you, we also know that minimizing shared air-space is helpful. Therefore, we will be limiting office visits to approximately 10 minutes. Any outstanding issues can be addressed by follow-up, either in-person on a later date or by telehealth.
- All staff and patients will be required to wear a face mask at all times unless explicitly told to remove the mask for an examination or procedure. If you are asked to remove your mask, please refrain from talking while your mask is removed to minimize risk of transmission. If you do not have a mask, you will not be allowed to enter the office. Because of supply shortages, we do not have enough masks to supply to the public. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN.
- We will begin enforcing our no-show policy given the increased staffing, sanitation measures, and appointment spacing times. You will be charged a $50 dollar no-show fee if you do not cancel your appointment with us at least 24 hours in advance. Of course, if you are ill or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, we would ask that you PLEASE DO NOT COME to your appointment and the fee can be waived on a case-by-case basis.
- If you need products, you can either continue to purchase online at dermwellstg2.wpengine.com or you can let us know ahead of time (or by phone during your check-in) what products you would like and we can prepackage them up or you in advance of your appointment.
We appreciate your support and understanding during this very difficult time. We will continue to closely monitor this everchanging landscape and will adhere to the guidelines provided to us by our state, the CDC, the WHO, and the American Academy of Dermatology. Our primary concern is your health and safety and we remain committed to providing you with the exceptional care that we are known for. Please know that we are doing our absolute best and we appreciate your KINDNESS and PATIENCE as we adjust to this new normal.
You Have A Telehealth Visit, Now What?
Please read the statement below. You will be asked to verbally consent that you have read this and agree prior to your visit:
We are looking forward to seeing you via Telehealth for your upcoming appointment! Please take a moment to read the information below to ensure your visit is as high quality and efficient as possible.
You and DermWellesley have mutually agreed to conduct this visit via telehealth during the current COVID19 crisis. There is always the risk that information obtained over this platform may be insufficient for accurate medical decision making. You will be notified if you need to be seen in person. All confidentiality laws will be maintained over the phone to the best of our ability and you understand that you retain the right to end a telehealth encounter and present to the emergency room or schedule a regular office visit when the pandemic has lessened and offices are reopened for non-emergent visits.
Your visit will be billed to insurance following the appropriate guidelines, but as with a normal visit, you will be responsible for any charges if this is deemed not covered. By continuing with your telehealth visit, you consent to the terms above.
Prior to Your Telehealth Appointment:
IF YOU ARE A FOLLOW UP PATIENT:Spot of Concern:
- Email clear, high resolution and focused photos of the affected area(s).
- Email to our secure email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Acne/Acne or Rosacea Follow Up:
- Email photos of the front, right and left sides of your face and any other affected area(s).
- Email to our secure email address email@example.com
Accutane Follow- Up:
- Email photos of the front, right and left sides of your face and any affected area(s).
- If you are a female you will also need a monthly pregnancy test. Please ask the office when booking what the instructions are for that.
Email to our secure email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Rash/other skin issues:
- Email photos of the affected area(s) to our secure email address email@example.com
IF YOU ARE A NEW PATIENT:
- Fill out the registration paperwork and medical health questioner attached to this email. You can email this back to us, fax it, or send it by regular mail prior to your appointment.
- 20 William Street, Suite G15, Wellesley MA 02481 or Fax # (781) 369-9737
- Follow steps above that pertain to your purpose of visit.
How it Works:
- Approximately 5-10 min prior to your appointment time we will text or email you a link. This link can be copied into a browser on either your computer or phone, whichever you prefer.
- Using the link follow the prompts. This will enter you into our virtual “waiting room”.
- Please be sure both your microphone and camera are enabled, and you are in the best location possible for a strong wifi connection.
- Do your best to be in a well-lit room.
- Our staff will begin the call, ask you a few questions, and then your provider will virtually visit with you.
A FEW POINTERS TO MAXIMIZE YOUR TELEHEALTH VISIT:
- Be on time
- Choose a quiet area to have your visit. Ideally this space should have good lighting
- Be sure that you enable your microphone and camera when prompted by our telehealth platform
- Read our telehealth consent form and be prepared to verbally consent to treatement
- Send in your photographs and any other paperwork IN ADVANCE OF YOUR VISIT. For best results, use the back (not front facing) camera on your mobile device in a well lit area. Make sure to be very still so that the image is crisp and not blurred.